Expressive Arts Competition 2016-17
Voluntary Action Fund (VAF) manages the Expressive Arts Competition Fund on behalf of the American Mothers Inc., a UN-based NGO. The aim of the competition is to:
- Raise awareness of the values associated with nurturing and building the capacity of humankind;
- Celebrate diversity;
- Recognise societal values;
- Enable children to come together from a diversity of areas and backgrounds.
Applications for funding is now closed. A list of funded organisations can be seen below. These organisations are now working on their submissions for the competition.
How will the competition operate?
The theme of the artwork is "What my mother* means to me". *Please see flyer for more information.
We are funding recipients to produce and exhibit artwork, selecting two pieces to put forward to represent the school/organisation at events in Glasgow and Edinburgh in March 2017. The children producing these pieces are invited to attend this exhibition and celebration.
A judging panel will select the final 6 winning entries. Prizes will include gift vouchers for the winning individuals/groups and a small monetary donation will be made to the school/organisation.
VAF are delighted to announce that 32 organisations have been successful in gaining grant funding through the Expressive Arts Competition Fund.
Funded Organisations 2016/17
- 14th Clyde Scout Group, Motherwell
- Auchencairn Primary School, Auchencairn, Dumfries & Galloway
- Bonnybridge Primary School, Falkirk
- Central Leith After School Project, Edinburgh
- Crookston Community Group, Glasgow
- Cumbernauld YMCA/YWCA, Cumbernauld
- Diversity Arts, Glasgow
- Dykehead Primary School, Wishaw
- Glasgow East Arts Company, Glasgow
- Glendinning and Burgh Primary Schools, Galashiels
- Information and Learning for All, Glasgow
- ISBYM Scotland, Glasgow
- Jack and Jill Support Group, Bellshill
- Kilmarnock YMCA, Kilmarnock
- Kilmaron ASN School, Fife
- Lawmuir Primary School, Bellshill
- MugStock Ltd., Glasgow
- Muslim Women's Association of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- New Struan School, Alloa
- Newmains Activity Group, Wishaw
- Orchard Primary School, Wishaw
- Our Place Our Families, Renfrew
- Playbusters, Glasgow
- Port William Community Development Trust, Port William, Dumfries & Galloway
- Recite Films, Elgin, Moray
- RIG Arts Ltd., Greenock
- Ross-shire Women's Aid, Dingwall
- Sacred Heart Primary School, Bellshill
- Shakti Women's Aid, Edinburgh
- Stane Primary School, Shotts
- Time to Heal, Aberdeen
- Women's Aid South Lanarkshire and East Renfrewshire, East Kilbride
For further information please download:
If you have any queries about the Fund, please contact VAF on 01383 620780 or ExpressiveArts@vaf.org.uk